Tuesday 24 April 2018

Fibronectin as an Immunohistochemical Marker for Postmortem Diagnosis of Myocardial Infarction




Acute myocardial infarction is sometimes a diagnostic dilemma in forensic pathology. Our aim is to evaluate the efficacy of fibronectin by immunohistochemical methods for diagnosis of early myocardial infarction in heart autopsies.Three groups of cases selected from autopsied hearts submitted to the pathology department of legal medicine organization of Iran during years 2004-2007 which included 15 cases of definite myocardial infarction (positive control group), 18 cases of noncardiac death (negative control group) and 26 cases suspicious of myocardial infarction based on clinical presentation just before death, presence of marked stenosis in at least one major coronary artery and exclusion of other causes of death (suspicious group). Fibronectin staining was performed on sections prepared from all of the cases. With our proposed cut off value for fibronectin staining the sensitivity and specificity of this marker are 93.3% and 94.4%, respectively. This marker could also support the occurrence of myocardial infarction in 42% of our suspicious cases.We conclude that in spite of usefulness of this marker for detection of myocardial infarction, the results should be interpreted with caution.

Diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction is a challenging issue in forensic pathology. In autopsied hearts macroscopic findings of myocardial infarction accompanied by microscopic confirmation are the gold standards for diagnosis. However, the development of these changes requires time and in real practice we rarely are fortunate enough to see the typical cases. In most instances nothing other than significant narrowing of coronary arteries is found in favor of myocardial infarction. Use of an ancillary method is highly advocated in these situations. Application of triphenyltetrazolium chloride to the fresh myocardium, electron microscopy and some immunohistochemical markers including myoglobin, fatty acid binding protein (FABP), troponin, desmin, fibronectin, fibrinogen, C5b-9 and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) are among many different diagnostic methods which have been used to address this diagnostic dilemma. The electron microscopy is not available in every pathology laboratory and requires comprehensive expertise. The triphenyltetrazolium chloride method requires fresh tissue and a great deal of suspicion at the time of autopsy. The immunohistochemical studies are, however, promising alternatives. The aim of the current study is to evaluate the diagnostic power of one of these immunohistochemical markers, the fibronectin, in suspicious cases of myocardial infarction.


5 comments:

  1. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA  

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO EVERYONE.. FEW MUNINETS TO REDY THIS INFOR ON HERPES CURE 2018..
    2017 MY MOTHER WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES/ KNOWN AS GENITAL WARTS ,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON HER MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE,BECAUSE MY MOTHER WAS GRADUALLY DYING AND LOST HER MEMORY TOO, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET MY MOTHER BACK TO NORMAL, ONE DAY MY UNCLE WHO LIVES IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM TOLD ME ABOUT DR OLIHA ,WHO HELPED HIM GET RID OF HERPES /GENITAL WART WITH HERBAL MEDICINE AND HIS HERBAL SOAP ,I WAS SO SHOCKED WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS ,ALTHOUGH I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEEP TO BELIEVE BECAUSE MY UNCLE CAN'T TELL ME LIES WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH CONDITION I CONTACTED DR OLIHA VIA HIS EMAIL; OLIHA.MIRACLEMEDICINE@GMAIL.COM , YOU CAN TALK TO HIM VIA CALL OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER ON +2349038382931 , HE REPLIED AND ASK ME TO SEND MY HOME ADDRESS AND MY MOTHER'S DETAIL AND THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS, AND 4 DAYS OF USAGE THE WARTS FELL OFF, MY MOTHER I NOW TOTALLY CURED AND MY MOTHER IS LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN. YOU CAN TALK TO DR VIA HIS MOBILE NUMBER OR WHATS APP HIM ON +2349038382931.ALL THANKS TO DOCTOR DR OLIHA  

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless Dr. USELU for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. USELU , how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine within 3 days. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 2 weeks later i was cured from HERPES contact him via email (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) once again thanks to you Dr. USELU cure the flowing virus, contact his email or add him on whatsapp (+2348132015009) cancer cure
    diabetes cure
    ringing ear
    herpes cure
    warts cure
    HPV cure
    HIV cure
    get your ex back
    pregnancy herbal medicine
    Hepatitis    

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi it's laa! 9 months ago my doctor told me I was diagnosed with herpes. I was heart broken, However that same month i found a Dr. who helped me to cured the virus with natural herbal treatment permanently. thanks to Dr. omohan for his natural herbal treatment that eliminated this virus out in my body forever. his contact information for any incurable virus via; dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com or whatsapp him or call him through his phone number +2348164816038.   https://www.fb.com/dromohanherbalmedicin                                                                                             1 cancer cure
    2 diabetes cure
    3 ringing ear
    4 herpes cure
    5 warts cure
    6 HPV cure
    7 Hiv
    8 get your ex back
    9 pregnancy herbal medicine
    10 prostate enlargement
    11 Hepatitis B    

    ReplyDelete